|The Race: Sunday October 5, 2014 ( Only 37 days until race!)
|2013 Race Results
2013 Race Images
The 50K run begins in Newport NH at the Historic Corbin Covered Bridge (shuttle to start), and follows beautiful Oak street on the road before heading off on the rail trail for and out and back. The 10 Miles of Rail trail follows the Sugar River, revealing secret fly fishing spots, and traversing 2 of the remaining 7 Rail Trail covered bridges left in the United States (built in 1906 and 1907). The Half Marathon ends at Newport High School where you will pick up 9 miles of fantastic trails in the Newport Town Forest, where you will be climbing The Pinnacle (1362 ft) and Coit Mountain (1590 ft). These small mountains have excellent views but are more known for their fantastic snaking descents on pristine singletrack. You will traverse the Town Forest trails twice for a total of 18 Trail miles and 13.1 rail trail miles.
50K Ultra Relay:
Teams of 2 or 3 are allowed to participate in the 50k Ultra. The transition area for this will be at the Finish Line.. Only one member needs to be at the start line. Each member will receive split times for their run: For a 2 man leg, one member must run 2 legs.
- LEG 1 - Rail Trail - 13.1 miles
- LEG 2 - Town Forest Pinnacle Trails Loop 1 - 9 miles
- LEG 3 - Town Forest Pinnacle Trails Loop 2 - 9 miles
The Half Marathon option starts at the Corbin Covered bridge (shuttle to start) and does an out and back on the Sugar River Trail to Newport High School. You will pass through historic covered bridges while following the meandering Sugar River on a flat and soft course. A few sandy sections will keep you on your toes, and 3 aid stations will get you to the finish line at Newport High School.
Transition Area / Parking:
You will park at Newport High School and get shuttle to the start at the Corbin Covered bridge (1.5 miles from high school)Ultrafolks will be allowed to park on the Ultra (50K) course so they can access their car, which houses their gear, food and whatever fuel they will need. Ultra's will pass their car twice during the course of the race.
Water, Electrolyte replacement and a few food choices will be available at the Aid Stations, which are more of a party than anything. These are located at the following Miles:
- Mile 3.5 - Kellyville
- Mile 5.7 - Turn around
- Mile 7.9 - Kellyville
- Mile 10.1 - Greenwood road
- Mile 13.1 - Finish/Transition area
- Mile 18.1 - woods stop
- Mile 22.1 - Finish/Transition area
- Mile 27.1 - Woods stop
- Mile 31.1 - Finish / Transition area
- 7:00 AM - Ultra Solo & Relay Teams - Wave 1 - For those taking longer than 5 hours to complete the course
- 9:00 AM - Ultra Solo & Relay Teams - Wave 2 - For all other Ultra runners.
- 9:00 AM - All Half Marathoners
- 3:00 pm Cutt Off For ALL RACERS
- We are unlikely to pull anyone off course, but we reserve the right to pull off course any racer who is not on pace to meet the cut off, misses the cut off, or we have concerns about their health. This is a safety issue... please train well and plan your start time accordingly.
- NOTE: Winners can come from either start time, but we prefer superfast to start @ 9am.
Pricing & Registration:
All fees include a Aid Stations, Split times, BBQ lunch after the race, finishers Metal, prizes, and one awesome course. Online Pre-Registrants are guaranteed a Tech T-Shirt or Beanie Hat, others while supplies last.
- ULTRA SOLO by Oct 2nd - $60
- ULTRA RELAY by Oct 2nd - $90
- HALF MARATHON by Oct 2nd - $40
- Please Note: relay teams will only receive 3 meal tickets
Online Registration: www.ultrasignup.com
Print Registration: PDF
- Please Sign up online by Thu. Oct. 2nd by 11:59pm
- In person Pre-Registration & Packet Pickup will be available at the Newport High School from 5-8pm Sat. Oct. 4th.
- Race Day Registration Sun. Oct. 5th will open at 5:30am and close at 6:30am for 7am start and 8:30am for 9am Start
- Race Limit - 250 Athletes
- Rules - Cut off times above superceed rule cut off times
- Awards will be given out to the Top 3 in each of the following age groups: 18-34, 35-49, & 50+
- From North:
- Take Interstate 89 south to exit 13. Follow Rt 10 south into Newport. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your left just before you get into the center of town.
- From South & East:
- Take Interstate 89 north to Exit 9. Follow Rt103 west into Newport. Make right onto Rt 10 North. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
- Alternately take Interstate 89 north to Exit 12. Make left onto Rt 11 and follow that west into Newport. Make right onto Rt 10 north. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
- From South & West:
- Take Interstate 91 in Vermont north to Exit 7. Take Rt 11 east through Charlestown & Claremont to Newport. Make left onto Rt 10 north. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.