Posted: Wed Oct. 04, 2006 7:33 am
1. NO Drafting. Riders have 15 seconds to pass and must pass on the left. When overtaking a rider state your intentions ?passing on the left?. When being passed stay as far to the right as safely possible. The draft zone is 5 meters. This is enforced as a ?on your honor system?.
2. There will be 2 road crossings with Police. Obey Police and cross only when safe. It is your responsibility to be safe.
3. At the second road crossing you will cross while walking your bike and continue walking into the transition area.
4. Obey marshals and traffic laws. There is one stop sign you will need to stop for. Helmets are again mandatory.
5. You must rack your bike before exchanging baton if on a team. Solos must rack bike
These are our rules........cyclocross bikes ok, aerobars ok. No drafting. Mtb course has some tough climbs out of the gate, and few sections that would be real tough on a cross bike, but anything is doable, and I have been surprised before.