Posted: Fri Dec. 28, 2007 9:13 am
Well, now that the year is pretty much over, its time to put in our favorite moments from 2007. This was my first year at The 24 Hours of Great Glen, so that pretty much dominated my top 10.
1. Brian tearing up the courses, both road and mtb
2. Racing 24 HOGG
3. Team Pinnacle Expert Team winning 24 HOGG
4. Dan and Chris putting in amazing solo efforts at 24 HOGG
5. The Prouty
6. Racing at Loudon
7. VT 4 Gap ride
8. Dan asking if we want Ice Cream on the VT ride
9. Improving by 16 minutes on the Challenge
10. Doing the final lap for the Team Pinnacle sport team at 24 HOGG
"If you brake, you don't win." Racer Mario Cipollini
Posted: Fri Dec. 28, 2007 12:15 pm
1. Watching the carnage on Backlash during the 2007 Pinnacle Race :twisted:
2. Seeing Dan & Brian rise to new levels when you already thought they were at the top of their game
3. Seeing Ben Moody tear up Backlash at incredible speeds during 2007 Pinnacle
4. VT 4 Gap Ride
5. The Prouty
6. Dan's reaction to the words "Lincoln Gap"
7. Team Pinnacle Performances at 24 Hours of GG
8. Spending many hours on my road bike with great friends
9. Having a 9 year old kick my butt during the Six in the Stix
10. Surviving the worst crash I hope to ever take
Posted: Fri Dec. 28, 2007 12:52 pm
There are so many good times it is hard to list them all.
1. Less blood leaking and no broken bones this year
3. Lake Sunapee Road Race in freezing rain with Mark, Brian and PJ
4. Vermont Gap ride. Lincoln Gap @@@#$%%^ Mark & I are going back
5. Great Glen 24 Expert Team #1 and my first Solo effort with a #!
6. Vermont 50 with Brian & Mark, my first expert race & a 3rd place finish
7. Pinnacle Challenge with Bob H. Double Nichol 2 man team 2nd place
8. My second run of the year 9 miles of the Pinnacle nearly killed me
9. Working Man Stage Race and Loudon were great times
10. All the road and mountain rides in between with friends are the best
11. Finding new trails pop up all the time thanks to Ryan
Now I have to knock of 25lb before April and do it all over again.
Posted: Fri Dec. 28, 2007 2:07 pm
Most memorable in no particular order:
1. Great Glen, great weekend.
2. Gap ride, especially Lincoln :shock:
3. VT50, wonderful weather and we all beat our goals.
4. Liam's victory at Moody.
5. Tap N' Die.
6. Slipping into dry warm clothes after Sunappe RR.
7. Bradbury race, my kind of course and perfect conditions.
8. Clearing Eastman hill for the first time (seems trivial after Lincoln, but was big at the time).
9. Ryan and Dana heading to the hospital on the same night. (I said most memorable moments, not the best)
10. Any group ride that ended with BS and beer.
Posted: Sun Dec. 30, 2007 12:42 pm
Brian hit on a big one "Liam's victory at Moody" Watching his old man respond was pretty good too.
Posted: Sun Dec. 30, 2007 5:21 pm
11. Snowshoeing with Mark
If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... doesn't it?
Posted: Tue Jan. 01, 2008 8:35 am
Ok, I know, Long time no post......
- Escorting Brian to Victory in the Sunapee road race
- 24 hours Great Glen victories and successes
- Sidewinder on SS
- New Map
- 4 gaps
- Hiking the Full presidential range in one day (24 miles) and watching Halleck still have spring in his legs
- The Pinnacle Challenge
My favorites to watch;
Dana's bounce back
O'brien's trail work
Gurney's is proof the surge is working
seeing Currier's level increase
O'neill's mtb ride at the Challenge
Nathan's narrow escape to ride in teh 24 hour race
Aaron's proof of 4AM cellar riding to fitness.
Posted: Tue Jan. 01, 2008 4:07 pm
1. Making it up Coit without stopping and no dabs.
Thank you and good day.
When in doubt, ride
Posted: Tue Jan. 01, 2008 7:40 pm
I only have one.
Watching (and photographing) Team Cycle Depot at the Central NH Road Race.
...and if I saw it, Liam's win!
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posted: Tue Jan. 08, 2008 11:48 am
[quote:373ced7114="Javy"]1. Making it up Coit without stopping and no dabs.
I'm pretty psyched to have made that climb a few times dabless as well!
Here's a picture slideshow my buddy put together of our 2007:
right click, save & enjoy.
see ya when the snow melts
Stearing by IMPACT in search of FLOW